Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Regimen as of 9/04/2008

My regimen is fairly simple right now. There is still room for improvement but until I figure out what needs improving, this is what I'm doing.

1. I cowash with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner (at least until it gets cold outside) and massage my scalp every other day. I shampoo on Saturdays with Creme of Nature Shampoo.

2. I deep condition with either ORS Replenishing or Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol.

3. I use either Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave-in or Profectiv Break free as my leave-in.

4. Depending on what my hair needs, I use Care Free Curl Gold (moisture) or Profectiv Mega Growth (protein) and seal with coconut oil (spring/summer) or castor oil (year round)

5. Every 12 weeks I relax (texlax) with Elasta QP Mild lye relaxer and trim every other touch up (every 24 weeks)

6. As for protein, I use Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment every 6-7 weeks to ensure that my hair remains strong.

7. I recently began taking The Vitamin Shoppe Elements for Hair vitamins. It is too soon to tell if they are working, so I will keep you all updated on my results with these vitamins.

** I will be starting an exercise regimen within the next 2 weeks as well as continuing to massage my scalp.

No comments: