Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Wanna Be BSL in 2009 Challenge

I am a member over at BHM and started a challenge to help myself and others reach BSL by December 31, 2009. I have been on this hair journey since 2005 and have yet to reach BSL (It's all my fault though cause I kept cutting my hair). I now am going to make the commitment to grow my hair to BSL and beyond. I have set my first goal to be touching BSL by May 2009 (when I graduate from college, yea!!) and my second goal is to be a full, thick BSL by December 31, 2009. With some hard work and determination, I am convinced that I, as well as the ladies on the challenge with me, will reach BSL next year.

The rules for the challenge:
-Low-manipulation/protective styles (roller sets, pin curls, buns, phony ponies, braids, sew-ins, wigs, etc.)
-Deep condition at least 1x a week
-Moisturize and seal ends
-Protein treatment as needed
-Limited heat usage
-Stretch relaxers at least 10 weeks
-Trim/dust ends as needed
-Massage scalp at least 2x a week or excercise at least 3 x a week
-Drink plenty of water (you should be drinking at least half your body weight in ounces)
-Eat healthy (limit junk food)
-Get plenty of sleep (at least 6-8 hours)
-OPTIONAL: Take your vitamins (I know that not everyone can or wants to take vitamins,but make sure you are getting your nutrients from what you eat)
-Check in at least once a month

For the complete challenge, check out: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=150547

No comments: