Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 New Year Update

First, let me say Happy New Year to everyone. It's been awhile since I've wrote anything here. I'm a full time graduate student and I work full time so I have been busy. I'm on break now so I decided to let everyone know what I've been up to. I have decided to transition again (I started transitionin back in June '05, BC'd in February'06 and re-relaxed in April '08. As of today, I am 8 weeks (2 months post). I really miss my curls. I plan to transition for awhile this time around. Last time I transitioned for 8 months, this time I plan to transition for 1.5-2 years and gradually trim my ends. With this transition, I plan to remain natural for the rest of my life. I've been seeing, through my own personal research, pictures of women who are permanently bald due to relaxer damage. I do not want to lose my hair and compromise my health because of a chemical so that is really motivating me to transition and remain natural. I plan to try to update this blog at least once a week to document my transition. (Oh and in other news, I've convinced my mom to transition with me, but won't be documenting her progress because she doesn't want me to post her's online, so gotta respect mama). Until later...

2 comments:

J. said...

Thanks for following me! I'll add you to my blog list so I can keep up with your blog when you update :)

MizzB said...

Thanks for adding me :)